Over €30,000 has be raised by LloydsPharmacy & its customers in aid of the Irish Heart Foundation
As new research reveals that people do not get their blood pressure checked regularly LloydsPharmacy is raising awareness of heart health and the positive and proactive steps we all need to take to safeguard it. In a recent Blood Pressure Awareness survey carried out by LloydsPharmacy it was found that nearly 40% of people haven’t had their blood pressure measured in over six months or more. As part of its charity partnership with the Irish Heart Foundation, 60 LloydsPharmacy’s are now Heart Health Hubs, focusing on cardiovascular risk assessments, lifestyle advice and blood pressure checks.
46% of Irish people surveyed haven’t had their blood pressure taken in the past six months, while shockingly a quarter of 18 – 24 year olds have had their blood pressure checked at all. Taking a blood pressure measurement only takes a few minutes and is free in your local LloydsPharmacy. For those based in Dublin city centre this Wednesday June 19th, a LloydsPharmacy Heart Health Hub will pop up at the Irish Village Market in Spencer Dock. LloydsPharmacy Pharmacists will be providing free blood pressure measurements and heart health advice.
In previous months, LloydsPharmacy has worked on various initiatives with the Irish Heart Foundation including the provision of CPR training for Pharmacists and Pharmacy staff at the 13th Annual Pharmacy Show, in partnership with United Drug, Irelands largest pharmaceutical distributor. Those who attended the training received practical CPR training and information about how to use an automated external defibrillator (AED), allowing them to spread awareness of life-saving skills at a local level across Ireland.
Mary-Anne Sweeney, Head of Corporate Partnerships at the Irish Heart Foundation, said “We are delighted LloydsPharmacy have chosen the Irish Heart Foundation as their charity partner, with over 60 pharmacies around the country now Heart Health Hubs this will be a great help in raising awareness of the risks of cardiovascular conditions. The money received from LloydsPharmacy and their customers will help support our vital work in communities across Ireland.”
Speaking on the partnership so far, Pat Watt Director of Sales & Marketing at McKesson Ireland said; “We’re proud to partner with such a fundamentally important Irish charity as the Irish Heart Foundation. The work done by the Irish Heart Foundation is not only commendable but necessary to prevent heart health issues and spread positive awareness across the nation.”
LloydsPharmacy will continue to support the Irish Heart Foundation throughout 2019 through fundraising and awareness building initiatives. With LloydsPharmacy staff across Ireland trained by the Irish Heart Foundation, having your Blood Pressure checked has never been easier. Just drop into one of LloydPharmacy’s Heart Health Hub locations, many of which open late at night and at the weekend to avail of this free service, as well as health and well-being advice, at a time that suits you.
For further information, interviews or imagery please contact Megan Grennan at:
E: email@example.com T: 01-6188444
Notes to the Editor:
Currently trained Heart Hubs include the following 60 stores, with many more in training or to receive training in the future.
• Lloydspharmacy Artane Castle S.C.
• Lloydspharmacy Ashleaf S.C.
• Lloydspharmacy Blackrock S.C.
• Lloydspharmacy Blanchardstown S.C.
• Lloydspharmacy Cabra
• Lloydspharmacy Carpenterstown Rd
• Lloydspharmacy Castlecourt SC
• Lloydspharmacy Castleknock
• Lloydspharmacy Castletroy
• Lloydspharmacy Churchtown
• Lloydspharmacy Claremorris
• Lloydspharmacy Clonskeagh
• Lloydspharmacy Donnybrook
• Lloydspharmacy Drumcondra
• Lloydspharmacy Dungarvan
• Lloydspharmacy DunLaoghaire
• Lloydspharmacy Fairgreen Mullingar
• Lloydspharmacy Finglas
• Lloydspharmacy Glasnevin
• Lloydspharmacy Grand Parade
• Lloydspharmacy Grove Island Limerick
• Lloydspharmacy Hollyhill
• Lloydspharmacy Jetland S.C Limerick
• Lloydspharmacy Kilbarrack
• Lloydspharmacy Kilbarrack S.C.
• Lloydspharmacy Killester
• Lloydspharmacy Kinsale
• Lloydspharmacy Leopardstown
• Lloydspharmacy Longford SC
• Lloydspharmacy Lucan
• Lloydspharmacy Main St. Blanchardstown
• Lloydspharmacy Midleton
• Lloydspharmacy Mill S.C. Clondalkin
• Lloydspharmacy Omni Park S.C.
• Lloydspharmacy Parkway S.C. Limerick
• Lloydspharmacy Pearse St. Mullingar
• Lloydspharmacy Raheny
• Lloydspharmacy Rathborne
• Lloydspharmacy Rathmines
• Lloydspharmacy Ringsend
• Lloydspharmacy Rowlagh
• Lloydspharmacy Roxboro S.C.
• Lloydspharmacy SkyCourt Shannon
• Lloydspharmacy St.Agnes Rd
• Lloydspharmacy Stillorgan Village
• Lloydspharmacy Stoneybatter
• Lloydspharmacy Thomondgate Limerick
• Lloydspharmacy Wicklow
• Lloydspharmacy Woodview
• LloydsPharmacy Ashe St.
• LloydsPharmacy Fairies Cross
• LloydsPharmacy Crookstown
• LloydsPharmacy Letterkenny
• LloydsPharmacy Ballincollig
• LloydsPharmacy Youghal
• LloydsPharmacy Togher
• LloydsPharmacy Castle St.
• LloydsPharmacy Novara Av.
• LloydsPharmacy Carrick
• LloydsPharmacy O'Connell Street, Sligo