WHO SHOULD GET THE FLU VACCINATION?
While everyone should consider getting a flu vaccine, it’s especially important that the following at risk groups get vaccinated:
• Persons aged 65 or over
• Persons aged 18 and over with chronic illness requiring regular follow up such as diabetes, lung or heart disease*
• People with impaired immune systems due to disease or treatment including those with missing or non-functioning spleens
• Persons with a body mass index (BMI) of over 40
• Pregnant women at any stage of pregnancy
• Residents of nursing homes and other long stay facilities
• Healthcare workers
• People with regular close contact with poultry, water fowl or pigs
• Cancer patients*
*please speak to your pharmacist for more information
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR FREE VACCINATION?
Administration of the Flu Vaccine is free to all Medical Card, Doctor Visit Card & HAA card holders who are over 65 or who belong to one of the at-risk groups. *Ask your local LloydsPharmacy pharmacist about getting the flu vaccination this year and check if you are entitled to receive it for FREE.
Please call your local LloydsPharmacy to make an appointment for your vaccination or you can make an appointment in store.
*Discuss with pharmacist for suitability.