WHO SHOULD GET THE FLU VACCINATION?
While everyone should consider getting a flu vaccine, it’s especially important that the following at risk groups get vaccinated:
• Persons aged 65 or over
• Persons aged 18 and over with chronic illness requiring regular follow up such as diabetes, lung or heart disease*
• People with impaired immune systems due to disease or treatment including those with missing or non-functioning spleens
• Persons with a body mass index (BMI) of over 40
• Pregnant women at any stage of pregnancy
• Residents of nursing homes and other long stay facilities
• Healthcare workers
• People with regular close contact with poultry, water fowl or pigs
• Cancer patients*
*please speak to your pharmacist for more information
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR FREE VACCINATION?
Administration of the Flu Vaccine is free to all Medical Card, Doctor Visit Card & HAA card holders who are over 65 or who belong to one of the at-risk groups. Ask your local LloydsPharmacy pharmacist about getting the flu vaccination this year and check if you are entitled to receive it for FREE.